ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Elizabeth Hoyt is a New York Times bestselling author of historical romance. She also writes deliciously fun contemporary romance under the name Julia Harper. Elizabeth lives in central Illinois with three untrained dogs, two angelic but bickering children, and one long-suffering husband.
ABOUT THE BOOK
A thrilling tale of danger, desire, and dark passions, Wicked Intentions is the first book in Hoyt’s new Maiden Lane series. Lord Caire is a man controlled by his desires. Temperance Dews is a woman haunted by her past. Together they enter into a bargain that neither can refuse. Booklist says of Wicked Intentions: “With a dash of sharp wit; a rare literary flair for creating complex, compelling characters; and lively writing that packs a powerful emotional punch, Hoyt delivers the first sensually charged, danger- infused installment in a new Georgian-set series.”
1. In what ways does the King Lockedheart fairy tale compliment
the main story? What did you think of the fairy tale? Did it add to the book
2. Why do you think Lord Caire feels pain when he is touched by another human being? In what ways does Temperance help him overcome this disability?
3. What role does Silence play in the book?
4. How does Temperance feel about her dead husband, Benjamin? What do you think their marriage was like?
5. What is Lord Caire’s relationship like with his mother? How does it change from the beginning of the book to the end?
6. Why is Lord Caire so obsessed with finding the murderer of his mistress?
7. What is Lord Caire’s relationship with Godric St. John? How does it change over the course of the book?
8. What role does gin and gin drinking play in the book?
9. Why is Temperance so concerned about the foundling home? What do you think it means to her?
10. Who do you think the Ghost of St. Giles is?